Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

How can I find the value of Jas Schoolbred dining chairs

Customer Question

how can I find the value of Jas Schoolbred dining chairs circa 1840
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I have a set of 4
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: excellent condition used daily
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is Glenda,
I will be happy to help you today.
.
This is your answer please read entirely, if you have no further questions after reading this please rate me. Appraisers are independent, we come to the site to answer questions customers post there. We answer then are rated by the customer for our professionalism to the customer. Once rated we are then compensated by the site for our time, at no cost to the customer.
.
I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.
.
The JAS SHOOLBRED & CO English Dining Chairs circa: 1800's has an estimated value on the current market for an average of ( 4 ) $1***-**-****.00 depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. They should be located top right of the page. Or you may see review expert or rate expert, you can click on that. This is the only way I get credit for my work.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.
.

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.
.
Let me know if you still need help with this question.
.
I will be happy to help with any further question you might have on this, so I can get rated, then compensated from the site for my time.
.
At no cost to the customer, so please take a moment to rate this answer.

.
I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.
A Rating is much appreciated
Thank you so much!
Glenda