AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Appraiser, Appraiser's Association of America. USPAP qualified through 2015.
30223878

I'm looking to get an appraisal on a few pieces, is that

Customer Question

I'm looking to get an appraisal on a few pieces, is that something you do?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I don't know much about them, can I send you pics?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Just need to know if I can send pics
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser and I'd be happy to help. However, I usually do one, perhaps two, items per question. How many items are you talking about, and what types? That will help to match you with the best appraiser for you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
A cabinet and two side tables

I can certainly do that here in this question.

There should be a +ADD FILES feature next to our Send button.

If not, then there is a paperclip above the reply box that you click to attach photos.

If you need help with photos, you can call Customer Service at no charge at 1-***-***-****. The phone call pop-up you may get is for help with the actual appraisal, not for technical stuff like photos. There’s no charge for customer service to help you with photos.

I look forward to working with you.

Sincerely, Jennifer

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Minot sure how this works. Are you looking at the pics and I should just stand by?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can you please let me know if I should continue waiting?

Thanks. Do any of the pieces have maker's marks or labels? These would typically be on the underside or inside any doors/drawers.

Sorry, I thought that last message sent at 11:55 but it was just sitting there...the system never put it through.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No I don't see any marks

OK, thanks. I'll research right now.

These are all 20th century pieces, perhaps from the early to mid 20th century.

The Chippendale style drum table would be valued at perhaps $50 - $75 in its current condition--condition looks a bit shaky.

Based on that photo, the cabinet appears to be factory made. i could be wrong, if I saw the construction, but right now I think it's an antique reproduction from the mid century. I'd value it at resale at perhaps $200 - $300.

The marquetry table is interesting--it's probably just a trick of the light, but it looks as is the top doesn't match the legs. It could have been married together later, it could just be poor matching, or it could just be the way it looks in the photo. It's commercially made, probably from the 60s or 70s, and would have a resale in the range of $50 - $75.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you, please rate my answer. I am not paid by the site until you do. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer, and I will continue to be available if you have more questions on the item. Thank you.

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars. I always strive for 5 star service, but please rate as you feel is appropriate. However, if you are considering a low rating, please try to give me the opportunity to improve my service to you first!

If you’d like to request me for future questions, please put " for Jennifer only" in your post. I respond to requested questions first.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

I see that this question remains "open." How can I help you further? I strive to always provide five-star service.

I am happy to continue to work with you until you are completely satisfied.

Sincerely,

Jennifer