Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have an old painting that signed with just initials and I

I have an old painting that signed with just initials and I can't find anything on it. I believe it's English but I'm not to sure. I sent a picture of it to an appraiser and he couldn't find anything n it. Can you help?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: It has the Intials RWD and the year 1908

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. Please add images at your convenience by using the +Add File feature
next to the SEND button.

I will need to see to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing. Give me time to do some research after you add pictures.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I do respond.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I just sent some pics of my painting. Please let me know if you receive them. Thanks!

This is an original oil painting made in 1908 by either an English or Ukranian artist

signed with the initials of R.W.D., unknown artist, in a landscape scene of a thatched roof

home/farm that is commonly seen in the Surrey, England or Ukraine at the end of the 1880's and into the 1900's.

This painting has a current value of $300 to $350 retail.

To sell, try ads on these sites; artbrokerage.com, askart.com, artnet.com, artvalue.com, or artprice.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house
near you that deals in fine art and consign to them.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for the info on my painting. I think I will hold on to it. I bought it at the Goodwill and paid 12.99 for it. I knew when I saw it it was an original. A good find!!!

Great find!

In order for me to get credit for answering you, you must click the stars in the upper right for me.

It would be most appreciated.