AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Appraiser, Appraiser's Association of America. USPAP qualified through 2015.
30223878

I have a 12 place setting of Sango gold trim china from

Customer Question

I have a 12 place setting of Sango gold trim china from Japan. diadem 3641, purchased in the 60's. Is there any value other than setting a price to sell.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: That's all I know
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: no
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'll look into this right now.

I am unsure of how many pieces you have, but here are an idea of retail prices:

Cup and saucer set, $8-10
Dinner plate, $10-12

Bread and butter plate, $3-5

Small serving pieces, like a gravy boat, $30-35

Large serving pieces, $60-$80

These would be retail selling prices through a reputable vintage china dealer. As an individual, you'd likely be able to sell the set for 30% to 40% of the retail prices--the dropoff is pretty steep between what a dealer will get, and what an individual can get. You can also sell the set to a site like Replacements.com, again for around 30% to 40% of the retail prices they list.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you, please rate my answer. I am not paid by the site until you do. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer, and I will continue to be available if you have more questions on the item. Thank you.

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars. I always strive for 5 star service, but please rate as you feel is appropriate. However, if you are considering a low rating, please try to give me the opportunity to improve my service to you first!

If you’d like to request me for future questions, please put " for Jennifer only" in your post. I respond to requested questions first.

Sincerely,

Jennifer