Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a very old woven blanket, simple pattern. I live in

Customer Question

I have a very old woven blanket, simple pattern. I live in Utah. Do you know of someone I could have try to identify it?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It is not Navajo according to a local appraiser. Yet it uses the typical native American colors of turquoise, white, black and red. It is pretty tightly woven. That is all I know.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: It is very dusty.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be py to help you. Can you post a few photos of the balnket for review.... to post photos here please click on add files, file upload or the paperclip button and follow the prompts. I would like to see the overall blanket and then a close up of the edging of the blaket on the sides and of the weave if possible. I look forward to helping you and seeing this piece. It could be any of the Pubelo Indians or even Mexican .I I know I will be able to identify it. I will also need to know the size.

Hello I wanted to check in and see if had had a chance to post photos for review. i am sure I can help you on this once I can see the blanket. Thank you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I haven't - didn't received anything till today. I guess your first email got lost :) I will try to get them posted to you tomorrow.
ty

Oh no I am sorry I am glad you received the email and I look forward to seeing this Thank you for the reply. I appreciate your help with the photos and measurements.