Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

German pine hutch and a 2 drawer German pine chest of

Customer Question

German white pine hutch and a 2 drawer German white pine chest of drawers. I am selling them but I do not know the value. Both are in very condition.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Both have original hardware, hutch has hand carved designs as well as decorative doors. Hutch has double doors and 3 shelves plus a drawer above. 2 drawer has hand carved designs as well. Niether has been painted just hand rubbed wax.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: The chest of drawers has 3 not 2 drawers. 2 drawers are approx. 7 inches deep and 1 is 11 inches deep. The width is 36 inches, the depth is 19 inches, the height is 34 inches. The hutch is 46 inches wide, 18 inches in depth and 77.5 inches high. We know they are quite old but no dates.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It is a 3 drawer chest
Expert:  Doris replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-ups. Thoughtful responses take time.
My responses are not instantaneous.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the pieces front and back.

To send photos you may use the "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

OR -

Site Help With Photos:

1-***-***-****

The Help service with photos does not cost extra. This is not the same as the pop-up that asks about phone calls. The pop-up is an extra phone call service related to the appraisal, not photos.

I do not send pop-ups.

Kind regards,
Doris