Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

We have a 20x24" size oil painting probably in the original

Customer Question

Hello, my name is Janos,
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: We have a 20x24" size oil painting probably in the original pinewood (or some soft wood) frame with the signature of the painter J. Perrine. It has a label attached to the frame saying The Art Affairs, Inc. Certified authentic work of art A-36743. The painting is that of a castle with a three-arched bridge on the right over a river and various trees on both banks of the rive, but in the far background there is a forest or group of white trees (both the canopies and the trunks are white) Any idea if this might be valuable? Thanks
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: The frame is of golden color with some time-caused wear of the painting of the frame, although the painting is in excellent, undamaged condition. The frame on its back contains handwritten notes and handwritten numbers, however only the following is legible: Evangelist/Bund. That's all the information I can provide.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 4 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the art,
signatures if any and back of completed framing for any writing or labels.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.