Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I acquired an Altenkunstadt container with a teak lid.

Customer Question

I acquired an Altenkunstadt container with a teak lid. Number 2037.I do not know much about the production, worth etc
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It has beutiful black and white scene of what appears to be a village with two names. 1. Colonia @. Loln
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: On the bottom within the stamp is a sailing ship with"50" on the sail
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 4 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your Altenkunstadt piece.

Could you very kindly attach a photo of it and one of the mark on the bottom. Just click on the paperclip icon and it will automatically pull up your picture files (on your computer) for you to select a photo to attach. If you don't have a photo in your computer, just email yourself one from a smart phone and save it in your picture files. Here's help if you get stuck:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Many thanks,

Robert.