Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

An early 1900's (s) Standard Furniture, Herkimer NY Desk.

Customer Question

an early 1900's (s) Standard Furniture, Herkimer NY Desk. (4) Drawers on right, (3) draws on left, (1) center and lockabe drawer with working key. (2_ pull out writing table surfaces. Standard productio Tag:
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: 13655 (red print) 4827 6033 2443 35 Stangard Top # 15 Gunstock. How do I tell age and value. Condition -Good/Excellent
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: no
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 4 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please post pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks by clicking the Add Files link.
The Add Files feature will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture, best to add one,
write the word picture in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

I'd like to also see the tag you described, thanks! If it means you have to move all that stuff, then let me know and you won't have to bother. Same tag on the bottom of the chair?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Pictures requested

This is a 1940's teacher's desk/industrial desk made by Standard Furniture

of Herkimer, New York. The desk in this condition has a value of $400.

The chair is made by The Gunlocke Chair Company and the logo on the tag

indicates the 1940's as well. This chair is worth $40 to $60 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are Layerhome.com, Pamono.com, Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Chairish.com, Ioffer.com,
Furnishly.com, Deconet.com, Lushpad, Krrb.com, and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
They do all of the work and you get a check 14 to 45 days after the sale minus their 15% to 25% (negotiable!) commission.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. Bonuses are also welcome!
If you need more help, the question thread will stay open so that we can still talk about this item even after you have left a rating.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.