LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I have an art picture drawn and signed by Anne Worsham and

Customer Question

I have an art picture drawn and signed by Anne Worsham Richardson and wondered if there is a value to this piece of art. This is two birds sitting on a flower limb with purple flowers hanging down.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: The picture is signed and her name is ***** ***** small letters on the right side at the bottom.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: The name given is "CAROLINA wREN WITH wISTERIA. 1991 119-A church sTREET s.c.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Here is her biography that follows:

Born near Turbeville, South Carolina, October 12, 1919, Anne Richardson became a painter of birds and received attention from collectors including Presidents Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan. Her painting "Carolina Wren and Yellow Jessamine" hangs in the South Carolina State House in Columbia. "Pine Grosbecks" was on the cover of "National Wildlife Magazine". She was the first woman painter to receive the "Art Print of the Year" award.

Married to Johannes Peter Paszek, she lives (2003) on an estate near Charleston. The couple have created a bird sanctuary there. In 1991, Anne Richardson was inducted into the South Carolina Hall of Fame.

Source:
Charlton Hall Auctioneers, December 2003

Added information courtesy of Morris-Whiteside Gallery:
Anne Worsham Richardson died September 2, 2012.

I will now look up the current value for this picture. Thank you

Do you happen to know the measurements of this drawing? Does it have color or a black and white drawing?

Hello, I was checking back in to let you know I was able to find this "CAROLINA wREN WITH wISTERIA" done in 1991 and in todays market has a value of 1200.00 It was done in her later years and after she had created the bird sanctuary and the year she was inducted into the SC Hall of Fame. I am always happy to help you on this, please let me know if I may be of further help on this . If you are looking to insure this picture it has an insurance value of 1600.00

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you.

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars: 1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions.