Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I would like to know an estimate on an excellent conditioned

Customer Question

I would like to know an estimate on an excellent conditioned French Louis xv commode and side with green marble top. Made in egypt
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: really nothing I have pictures but that is about it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: no other than they are in excellent condition and all the parts are intact. Marble is not chipped anywhere
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 4 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please post pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks by clicking the Add Files link.
The Add Files feature will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture, best to add one,
write the word picture in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Please see the attached photos

This is luxury reproduction French Louis XV xtyle furniture made in Damietta, Egypt in the form of a bombe' chest /commode and night stands with marble tops brass ormolu accents,

considered vintage and not antique since they were made within the past 30 years or so. MobiLusso is one of the more well-known companies that produces this style from Egypt, but there are also several others in that industrial district that make this style.

The night stands are worth $200 each and the bombe' chest worth $800 to $1000.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. Bonuses are also welcome!
If you need more help, the question thread will stay open so that we can still talk about this item even after you have left a rating.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.