Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an original oil painting and on the back of the

Customer Question

I have an original oil painting and on the back of the canvas, hand written in black, it says, "CALLE DEL CONDE MADRID E. COBOS". I have tried to look it up but all I have found are replicas. Is it worth anything?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: The paint on the street lamp is gobbed up & really thick. The sign over a door says "VINOS". When I've tried to look it up the replicas have the name over the door spelled different.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: The canvas has little nails all around the edge to hold the painting onto the wood frame.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 5 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. Please add images at your convenience by using the +Add File feature
next to the SEND button.

I will need to see to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing. Give me time to do some research after you add pictures.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I do respond.