Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a piece of satin that has THE LORDS PRAYER AT THE TOP

Customer Question

I have a piece of green satin that has THE LORDS PRAYER AT THE TOP OF THE SATIN AND PRINTED TO THE LEFT OF THE SATIN WAS A BEAUTIFUL COMPOSITION THAT WAS CAPTURED DURING THE CIVIL WAR IN CHARLESTON S.C. BY A BROTHER OF MRS. S. B. HELMER OF KENDALVILLE INDIANA AND IT WAS PRINTED ON GREEN HEAVY SATIN AND THE LORD'S PRAYER IS TO THE RIGHT OF THIS MESSAGE THE COMPOSTION WAS IN CHARLESTON. S.C. JULY 4 1823. IS THERE A VALUE ON THIS IT IS IN GOOD CONDITION BASED ON IT AGE
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: THERE ARE TWO THIN BLACK STRIPES, FROM TOP TO BOTTOM ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE SATIN.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 4 months ago.

Is it possible to upload photos of the item, including any and all marks?

If you don’t have photos, I can do my best without them—just let me know—but it’s more accurate with photos.

There should be a +ADD FILES feature next to our Send button.

If not, then there is a paperclip above the reply box that you click to attach photos.

If you need help with photos, you can call Customer Service at no charge at 1-***-***-****. The phone call pop-up you may get is for help with the actual appraisal, not for technical stuff like photos. There’s no charge for customer service to help you with photos.

I look forward to working with you.

Sincerely, Jennifer

I'm sorry, I can't help you by phone--I tried looking this up based on description, but I find I'll need a photo.

I can't help you with photos, you'll need to speak with Customer Service for that, at no charge.

1-***-***-****