Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a porcelain withe the marking WL can you tell me

Customer Question

I have a porcelain withe the marking WL can you tell me more ?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I know it has an 1895 crest with WL and some asian markings, out of shaped like the eiffel tower
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: It is yellow with lilac coloured flowers all over
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 4 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please post pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks by clicking the Add Files link.
The Add Files feature will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture, best to add one,
write the word picture in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

I do know this mark and I have added a photo of it to confirm.

This is the mark of Wong Lee International that was added to

faux antique modern decorational items made in China.

The shield and 1895 are an intended fake mark with some variations. These items began to show up in the mid

1990's and made it to the antique scene (auctions, estates, consignment stores) around 2004.

This item has a current value of $40 to $60 retail.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. Bonuses are also welcome!
If you need more help, the question thread will stay open so that we can still talk about this item even after you have left a rating.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.