LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I am wonder the value of a replica of the Taj Mahal that was

Customer Question

I am wonder the value of a replica of the Taj Mahal that was brought over by my grandfather in the great war war and it has a newspaper clipping on it from 1914 it's got the same box the same sought us but it's the replica of the Taj Mahal and it's all ivory what that value would be
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Taj Mahal that was brought over by my grandfather in the great war war and it has a newspaper clipping on it from 1914 it's got the same box the same sought us but it's the replica of the Taj Mahal and it's all ivory what that value would be
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It was the Bore War! My Great Grand father was a valet to the king of England at that time.
My Grand Father was Corporal Webber in the Kings amy.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Replica
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There was only 14 made of this Replica the 1914 Newspaper clipping talks about and this is one of the 14 it still has the same box and sawdust that it was ship in.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am not sure if I am getting through to anyone?
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Please allow me to research this item and post back if you have a photo of this piece please post here by clicking on the add files, file upload or paperclip button and follow the prompts. Can you tell me what newspaper had this article? I can look the piece that way also if there was a photo of the replica. Thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will see about uploading the pictures of it, and also get the name of the news paper for you! Thanks for responding!
Talk to you soon

Thank you I look forward to seeing this. To post photos please click on the file upload, add files, or paperclick button and follow the prompts. Thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The Paper is the Salt Lake Tribune November25th 1934 on the Taj Mahal

Thank you I appreciate your help and am researching this now.

Hello, thank you for your patience I have researched this extensively and found the value in today's market is $8500.00 and being ivory you will need to write the entire providence of this item. Who your grandfather was and when he brought this home, how he obtained it - if it was a gift to him or he bought it. This helps establish the background and the newspaper clipping with the replica along the original box and packing is wonderful. . There are not many in existence today and I have spent many hours looking through articles and found little said about this certain one. There are several thousands of replicas but none done as nicely and unique as this one. Thnak you for sharing this.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you.

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars: 1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions.

If you have further questions on this please let me know I ma happy to answer anything else you may wish to know.