Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a Noritake teas set 6 cups and saucers and 5 cake

Customer Question

I have a Noritake teas set 6 cups and saucers and 5 cake plates teapot sugar bowl . I believe it is scenic or by thelake pattern. It is hand painted. At least 100 yrs old. Has it value?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It belonged to my Grandmother who died in 1955 at the age of 87. Assume that it was a wedding present. It is very fine as when it is held up tothe light you can see light through it. Is there a reliable appraiser in the Palm Desert or Palm Springs, Ca. area?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: It is hand painted and was made in Japan.It has an M in a circular wreath.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as a dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-ups. Thoughtful responses take time.
My responses are not instantaneous.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send ONE photo of ONE plate showing the pattern.

Please send a photo of the marks and/or words on the bottom.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

OR -

Site Help With Photos:

1-***-***-****

The Help service with photos does not cost extra. This is not the same as the pop-up that asks about phone calls. The pop-up is an extra phone call service related to the appraisal, not photos.

I do not send pop-ups.

Kind regards,

Doris

Expert:  Doris replied 4 months ago.

********************
I do not normally participate in the phone call services. I give my best answers in thoughtful writing.

Besides, you will have an assessment to print out. I did not send the pop-up.

********************

Expert:  Doris replied 4 months ago.