Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have some of my grandmother and great grandmother's china

Customer Question

Hi! I have some of my grandmother and great grandmother's china and I'm not sure where to get it appraised and sold. I did a video to show it... https://youtu.be/--8kAD-6EsE
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Well, I know know much about it at all.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: nope!
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 3 months ago.

The video shows a lot of pieces of both glass, china and figures.

The marks on the bottom of each piece will be different and those are important

for dating a valuing china and figurines. As a general idea, the whole lot would be worth $3000 to $4000 retail.

What I would suggest is to go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them. Once you find someone local, call them and say you need a house call. They will come and give you an idea of what the lot is worth and what would do well in their auction. You are under no obligation to consign. If you do, they do all of the work and you get a check 14 to 45 days after the sale minus their 15% to 25% (negotiable!) commission.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars.