Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

My husband has inherited some old dolls from his mother. How

Customer Question

My husband has inherited some old dolls from his mother. How do I find out what they are and what they are worth?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I know there is a 25" authentic Shirley Temple doll from the 1930's, and several Barbie dolls, vintage unknown. There is a 25" mechanical doll, what appear to be a boy and girl clown dolls, and some smaller ethnic dolls. I have photos of them I can e-mail you. Peg
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Several of the dolls are damaged. One has splits in her head and another has disconnected arms. Peg
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Is it possible to upload photos of the item, including any and all marks?

If you don’t have photos, I can do my best without them—just let me know—but it’s more accurate with photos.

There should be a +ADD FILES feature next to our Send button.

If not, then there is a paperclip above the reply box that you click to attach photos.

If you need help with photos, you can call Customer Service at no charge at 1-***-***-****. The phone call pop-up you may get is for help with the actual appraisal, not for technical stuff like photos. There’s no charge for customer service to help you with photos.

I look forward to working with you.