Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a complete 1896 (?) Britannica that I'd like to sell.

Customer Question

I have a complete 1896 (?) Britannica that I'd like to sell. Also, a couple of dozen Tom Swift books from the 1920's-30's.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I think that covers it.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: The Britannica is cloth-bound, complete, no major damage that I know of.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 3 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There were no photos of the books that came with your original inquiry.

With books, condition of cover, pages and binding is so important in value.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of one book, title page (publisher),
any other first few pages that might shed light on date, and any condition issues.
Once you do, give me some time to research.

No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I respond.