Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a 40-50 piece set of Japanese porcelain rose

Customer Question
I have a 40-50...

I have a 40-50 piece set of Japanese porcelain rose medallian china that I would like to sell. How do I determine the appropriate price and find a dealer to handle?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

My father was an optical company CEO. This set was a gift in the early 1960s from the president of Sony to celebrate a deal opening Japan to manufacturing of eye glasses.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
3/21/2017
Antique Expert: Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 1 year ago
Robert S.
Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your Japanese porcelain.
Could you very kindly attach a photo of it and the back of one of the plates so I can see the mark and I'll identify it for you and give you a value and also some options on how to best sell it. All I need to know is your zip code.
Could you let me know what the service comprises, numbers of dinner plates, cups & saucers etc, paying particular attention to the serving pieces (platters, tureens, etc) as these are the most expensive items in any china service.
Many thanks,
Robert.

PS. Attaching Images: Once you have the photos in your computer (if you are using a smart phone camera, just email them to yourself) it's then a simple matter to attach them. Just click on the paperclip icon, located above the text box where you are typing to me. If there's no paperclip, click on the "Add files" tab.
You need to be logged in to the JustAnswer site to do this. You can’t do it from email.
If you get stuck go here for help.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0
Alternatively, if you can collar a passing teenager with an iPhone they would have photos posted here in about two minutes.
Thanks, R.