Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a Myrtle Desk-High Point, NC--Not sure about the date…

Customer Question
I have a Myrtle...

I have a Myrtle Desk-High Point, NC--Not sure about the date but I know it was prior to 1955--The emblem is inside the long drawer-the dimensions are 66 inches top length and 36 inches top width--it has a glass cover on top --Could you please tell me if this is worth anything? Thanks

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.

I am in Atlanta, GA should I locate an appraiser? Can you give me any idea is it could be worth the trouble

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

It has some scrathes on the front but other than that it is in good condition. All the drawers open easily and it appears to be solid wood

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
3/21/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 1 year ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece that came with your original inquiry.
Please add images of the item and any pertinent maker's marks at your convenience by using the +Add Files feature
next to the SEND button.

Once you do add pictures, give me some time to research.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I respond.

Just a follow-up to see if you will be able to add photos?