Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I inherited a large vase from my step grandmother and i

Customer Question
Thanks. I inherited a large...
Thanks. I inherited a large vase from my step grandmother and i believe it was made sometime around the late 19th to the early 20th century in China. Nobody seems to know anything about Asian Pieces in my area.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: What do you mean?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
1/10/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 1 year ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks on the bottom.
The add files feature works best if you add one pic, add something like PIC 1 in the text box, hit send, then do the next.
Once you do add pictures, give me some time to research.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I respond.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I uploaded pictures where is my appraisal?

There are no photos here.

The add files feature works best if you add one, hit send, then do the next. http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Thank you for the photos. I will work on this today and get back to you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you. I appreciate your prompt response (my.just answer.com) has not had ethical practices so far ...I'd like at lease one person who could do the job.
Thanks again for your jelp.
Laurie Wolfson

Laurie,

I apologize if you have had some bad experiences.

This is a Qing dynasty Guangxu period (1875-1908) Chinese famille rose fish bowl,

more commonly called a planter, with decoration of hummingbirds, pomegranates and gold background detail.

The (poorly stamped) mark on the bottom is the six-character mark of the emperor Guangxu. Sometimes

these pieces were more modern and stamped with a faux mark as a nationalistic endeavor more than to try and nefariously sell

an item that seems older than it is. The term famille rose is lingo that defines the main color used in the glaze, in this case it is in the rose/pink family, others are famille noir (black background), famille jaune (yellow), famille verte (greens), etcetera.

This piece has the painting technique and quality of a period piece, circa 1900,

and has a current value of $6,000 to $10,000 based on recent sales of similar pieces.
You can go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to leave a feedback by clicking the stars and clicking the green submit button, thanks! Bonuses are also welcome!Just click Leave a Review after you click the stars. Thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was unhappy with the service at first but I changed my mind because of your appraiser.

I appreciate that so much. The way that the experts get compensated (separately from what you pay, we are not privy to any of that) here is by giving a good five star rating.

Please take a moment to do that for me if you would be so kind. I'll add a photo of what that area should look like. Let me know if you have any problems with getting the rating to go through.

Rarewares
Rarewares