Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have a signed, numbered Edna Hibel lithograph with gold

leafing " princess of the...
I have a signed, numbered Edna Hibel lithograph with gold leafing " princess of the imperial summer palace" aproximately 42X30 print that is matted and framed 51 1/2 X 39 1/2 in full. It is 25/25 ed 282. Can you give me an estimate of it's resale value. My Aunt had purchased it at 2,070 dollars
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: are you still there?
JA: No. I'm the Antiques Appraiser's Assistant.
Customer: oh, this is my first time doing this, how does this work? Can you get me an estimate or do I get an e mail back??
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: only other thing is at the bottom to the left is roman numeral III 25/25 Ed 282 and bottom right is Hibel's autograph
1/9/2017
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

I'm not able to send pictures, If you look online at this particular piece it is the light green colored one. This is in mint condition and I'm just looking for an estimated re-sale price. Also, I understand I just made a $5.00 deposit , is the remaining cost going to be 33.00?

I will look for that edition for you and let you know.

Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who do not handle charges, fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form. For such queries, use this link for assistance:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

~Nora

ok,

Certainly.

Do I wait on you now or do you send an e mail? Not sure how your program works.

Please allow me some time to look into this for you and to write your assessment. I will post it here when complete. You will receive a notification so you do not have to wait.

~Nora

ok, I appreciate your time and explaining the process to me. Have a good night.Katie

No problem :)

Thank you for your patience.

Unfortunately the auction re-sale market for Edna Hibel prints is rather flat and works are sometimes garnering less than 10% of the original retail price. Here are some links for you to comprables and their sale prices:

Here is one that sold for $180:

https://www.propertyroom.com/l/hibel-princess-of-the-imperial-summer-palace-ltd-ed-lithograph-275-x-40-numbered-and-hand-signed-wcert-list-2070/10907648

This one sold for $295:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/princesss-imperial-palace-litho-edna-152458663

This one was offered for $199.99 on Ebay but did not sell:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Princess-of-the-Imperial-Palace-lithograph-by-Edna-Hibel-/361806939076

Galleries who specialize in her art ask $1200 - $1500 for this. This gallery has an asking price of $1400.

http://www.hibelart.com/products/LI-439-Princess-of-the-Imperial-Palace.html

Bear in mind that an ‘asking price’ is one that has not been sold yet and a true sale value is based on actual past documented sale records. One can, essentially, ask any price you please on an item you own, the key factor is finding a buyer at your asking price.

if you were to sell yours on today's market, expect to garner $150 - $300.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora

Nora

Hi~

Thanks for the positive rating! Much Appreciated.

I will be happy to help you with any items in the future.

When you post a new question, please add "For Nora Only” at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you.

Sincerely,

Nora

Nora
Nora