Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have an at least 6 foot elephant tusk predated 6-3-63 an

Customer Question
is inscriped by a pgymy...
I have an at least 6 foot elephant tusk predated 6-3-63 an is inscriped by a pgymy tribe is it worth antything
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: wait a minute pretty heavy
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: it is inscribed by pgyms that my husbands dad received when he worked for Libby's and traveled around the world to help me grow food. It was given to him as a gift with some writing
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
1/9/2017
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 1 year ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Your question is able to be viewed by all the experts online. If someone knows the answer they will respond to you here.

~Nora

Antique Expert: Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 1 year ago
Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

At your convenience, please provide photos of the tusk and inscription, as well as any written material that came with it.

Please see our help page for help uploading images.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Or:

Go to http://www.imgur.com.

1. Click "Computer".

2. Double click the image you want to upload.

3. Click "Start Upload".

4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.

If that doesn't work for you:

You can email the pictures to *****@******.***, and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text.

I responded to your question yesterday and asked for pictures. Now I see you've opened the same question a second time, and Support has closed it.

We can continue here if you are ready to provide pictures.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the pictures are on my cell phone how do I get them to you?
Debbe

No problem Debbe!

Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur