Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

I have an old picture that I inherited it's a violet

Customer Question

I have an old picture that I inherited it's a violet Pankhurst oil on board how can I know if it's real?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: its a 1966 sail boat in waves it's old
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: No not exactly other then what I should do ? And how I can tell it's a original that's not canvas . It says there are painting she does on board Can I speak to him?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Here are the photos.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
you are not answering me
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.

I am here, thank you for the image.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for your patience.

You have a vintage framed color printed reproduction of a painting by Parkhurst with texturized surface made to appear like an original painting. If you look closely at the image of the signature you provided for me, you will see a dot matrix pattern on the surface that is indicative of machine printing. It was common throughout the 20th century for publishers to print images of paintings and sell them as decorative wall art through decorator, furniture and framing shops.

On today's market, this could sell for a high of $20 - $60 depending on the size.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora