Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

My mother has a beautiful original painting of dancers by

Customer Question

My mother has a beautiful original painting of dancers by Alberto Spadolini- probably done between 1950 and 1955. Would you be able to approximate how much she should insure this wonderful piece of art? It's in it's original frame -carved wood with some guild.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: His background was as a ballet dancer as well as a painter and he also danced with and had a romantic relationship with Josephine Baker.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Again, it's an original oil painting from his le danse series- pristine condition and the painting without the silk and gold matting or frame measures 19" wide by 15" tall.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-ups. Thoughtful responses take time.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the painting - front and back.

Please send a photo of the signature.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the signature.

To send photos you may use the "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Kind regards,
Doris