Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Wow that was fast! I have a really strange lamp. Bear with

Customer Question

Wow that was fast! I have a really strange lamp. Bear with me, because I don't know lamp terminology!
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It is about 5 feet tall, bronze color. It has a glass table. In the base there is shelf encircling the base that contains florist foam. There are also figures jutting out that are holding trumpets to their mouths--they are nude at the torso.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: At the top, there are four arms that curve out with upside down tulip shaped "mini shades?" that each hold a small bulb. The outsides of these shades are covered with colored plastic "gems"
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 7 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks on the bottom.
The add files feature works best if you add one pic, add something like PIC 1 in the text box, hit send, then do the next.
Once you do add pictures, give me some time to research.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I respond.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Do I have a time limit? I would have to dig the thing out to take the pictures!

No time limit, send images at your convenience. I will get an email alert when you respond with photos.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I did my best. Sorry for the quality, I've got very shaky hands! I found this on a curb. It's extremely heavy. It had a beautiful, but shredded shade with gold fabric braiding at the top. No markings anywhere. Felt base. Cord is not wrapped in fabric. I don't think it's worth a lot of money, but I'm really curious where this crazy thing could have come from! Thank you! Leslie p.s. let me know if you'd like me to re-take any pictures.

It is too blurry for me to see clearly.

Please do try again if you could.