Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers. Author of 3 books on collecting.
57035021

I have the 59/61 vogue Inc Brikette doll with platinum hair

Customer Question

I have the 59/61 vogue Inc Brikette doll with platinum hair and green eyes wondering worth
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Really nothing was my doll as a child body turns have original clothing including shoes
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: No
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

Do you have the original clothes and accessories and the original box?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Original dress socks shoes no box
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Dress shoes socks no bixh

Thanks for this information.

One last question: how tall is your doll?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
She is 18 inches

Brikette was a licensed copy of an Italian doll made by Bonomi. The 22 inch version was introduced in 1959. The 18 inch version was launched one year later.

Since this was a mass-produced item and it is plentiful on the market, only those dolls in pristine condition with original clothing accessories and box command the highest prices.

If she is in very good condition, the current retail (replacement or insurance) value of your Vogue Brikette doll is approximately $100. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount or $40, depending on location and actual condition.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. Please click the five stars above, and then click the green button. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about your item?

Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com; experts are verified users. Experts are only compensated when and if you, the customer, leaves a favorable rating.

Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer at no extra cost to you.