Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

We lost all my moms China in a fire, we are trying to find

Customer Question

We lost all my moms China in a fire, we are trying to find it. She bought it in 1959 it was Ivory with a gold trim and had a single pink rosebud in the middle. Would you have any idea of what it might be?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: It might of had a crackled look.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 7 months ago.

Hello

This is your answer, please rate this after reading it. This is important to me getting credit for my work.

I believe you are looking for Bavaria Ivory Gold Trim Single Rose Bud Made in Germany #346 like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Bavaria-Ivory-Gold-Trim-4-Plate-Single-Rose-Bud-Made-in-Germany-346-/122231135683?hash=item1c758b1dc3:g:p7YAAOSwZVlXjmSI

.

I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.
.

Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.

Glenda,
.
To complete this transaction, please click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the submit button, thanks!
.
If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No that is not it. It was a small rosebud, in the middle. Only a bud, not opened up at all. Any other ideas?

How about this

http://www.laurelleaffarm.com/item-pages/collectibles/roses/betsy-rose-tray.htm

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No, only the bud hardly any vine and the bud is small.

Hello

Ok, let me do some more research, I will see if I can find it.

Do you know who made it?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No, that had been our issue with finding the pattern. She lived in Montana if that helps at all and it was the China she picked out when the got married in 1959.

Does she remember what store?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
She died 26 yrs ago and the fire was 2 years after she died. My Dad doesn't remember anything.

Oh ok, I will continue to find pieces for you to look at! Maybe I can find it for you. I will check back in the morning.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you

you are welcome

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I talked to my dad, he said they registered for it in Miles City, MT @ Stockhills Jewelry. The store is no longer open.

Hello

ok, that tells me it would be fine china. I will do some research.

Hello

Could this be it ?

http://www.replacements.com/webquote/giegie29.htm

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No, it had gold trim on the edges and just the bud of a rose in the middle and they were ivory.

Hello

I do not believe they will be found. I suggest you contact customer service and request a refund since I have not found them for you. I am completely out of places to look. The set may never have been recorded anywhere to be found

You can do so by calling them 1(###) ###-####/p>

Glenda

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for trying!

No problem