Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a clarice cliff dinner set consisting of 6x dinner

Customer Question

I have a clarice cliff dinner set consisting of 6x dinner plates, 6x smaller dinner plates , 6x bread & Butter plates , 6xsaucers , 6xcups , 1x teapot, 1x Gravy boat , 1x Soup Terrine and 1x serving plate. It is Newport pottery England with Regd number 840076 . It was my mother in laws who got it for a wedding present . It has never ever been used. Just wondering what it is worth ?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 7 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There were no clear photos of the piece/set that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the pattern and the mark on the bottom of one piece.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Once you do, give me some time to research.

No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I respond.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hope these are better photos

This is a set of Newport Pottery designed by Clarice Cliff (pattern not named)

with the English Registry number of 840076 that dates the set to 1943. The ribbed

shape was a basic shape used for several different Clarice Cliff designs.

This service for 6 plus serving pieces as I see in the lower cabinet would have a value of 550AUD retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Gumtree.com, Traderoo.com, Quicksales.com, OZtion.com, ALLBIDS.com, BidMate.com, or Ebay.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.