Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

My 100 year old aunt gave me a sewing machine. On the side

Customer Question

My 100 year old aunt gave me a sewing machine. On the side it says NATIONAL SMCO. CAN YOU TELL ME WHERE TO GET INFO ON IT.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: THE MACHINE ITSELF IS LYING INSIDE AN OLD SEWING TABLE WHERE THE TOP FOLDS OUT FOR SEWING AND HAS A CHAIN ON IT BUT IT IS STUCK SOMEWHERE. I CAN SEE THE SEWING MACHINE INSIDE BUT THAT IS ALL THAT I KNOW.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: THE IRON ON THE SIDES CIRCLES AND THE NAME NATIONAL, THE BACK HAS TWO 1/2 CIRCLES OF IRON. THE TREADLE IS ORNATE IRON AND THERE IS THE ROUND WHEEL WITH A BROKEN BELT. INSIDE THE MACHINE I CAN SEE NATIONAL . THERE ARE 4 WOODEN PULL OUT DRAWERS ON THE SIDES AND A BOX THAT SAYS SINGER MOTOR LUBRICANT,A NUMBER OF ATTACHMENTS AND AN SMALL OIL CAN AND AN OLD PRICE LIST OF PARTS BUT THE FRONT PAGE IS PARTLY TORN AWAY AND THE REST IS VERY BRITTLE.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 9 months ago.

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 9 months ago.

Hi~

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora