Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I need to know the value of a painting "The Tree of Life".

Customer Question

I need to know the value of a painting "The Tree of Life". It is alleged to be over 150 yrs old or more, an original.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I have a photo of it.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: I can send you a copy. How can I send it to you?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-ups. Thoughtful responses take time.

Please tell me the size in inches, not including the frame and mat. Please do not remove from from the frame.

What is the medium - oils, watercolors, etc?

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the front and the back.

To send photos you may use the "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Kind regards,
Doris

Expert:  Doris replied 8 months ago.

Please send a photo of the signature also.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the signature.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Hi Doris. Thank you for the prompt response and sorry for the delay; my phone died on me. The only thing I have currently is a picture of the front of the painting. Unfortunately, it will take some time to obtain the additional information because the painting is in Alabama and I am in CA.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Hi Doris. Thank you for the prompt response and sorry for the delay; my phone died on me. The only thing I have currently is a picture of the front of the painting. Unfortunately, it will take some time to obtain the additional information because the painting is in Alabama and I am in CA. I have attached the picture.

Expert:  Doris replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for the photo.

There is no hurry at this end for the other information and other photo.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Doris, is there anything you can tell me with the picture I've sent? Also, please confirm that you have what is needed for now, financially. For the last two responses, I received a prompt to sign up for an automatic monthly payment, which PayPal declined. However, the initial $38 were paid.

Expert:  Doris replied 8 months ago.

I need the more information to give you a definitive answer.

Site Charges:

We professionals are not considered employees of Just Answer, We are verified by the site to answer questions in our fields. We are considered site users just like you. Therefore we have no knowledge of or control over the finances of the site or what they charge customers.
If you wish to discuss site charges, you may contact customer support at

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Or by phone:

US/Canada 1.***-***-****
Available 6am to 9pm PST

International
Australia 1800-679-634
New Zealand 0800-452-621
United Kingdom 0***-***-****
The rest of the world 1-***-***-****

Kind regards,

Doris