Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

MY CHINA SET IS lIMOGES/fRANCE. rOOSTER ABOVE CERALENE IN A

Customer Question
mY CHINA SET IS lIMOGES/fRANCE...
mY CHINA SET IS lIMOGES/fRANCE. rOOSTER ABOVE CERALENE IN A CIRCLE. A.Raynaud et Cie Limoges. I believe it was called Anne D Or. What do I have and where can I obtain further pieces? Joan Thiele
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: My china set is Limoges , France. Rooster above CERALENE in a circle. A. Raynaud et Cie Limoges. I believe it was called Anne D*Or. What do I have and where can I obtain further pieces? Joan Thiele
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I was married in 1968, my pattern was obtained in a speciality store in Georgetown, D>C>, where I lived.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Antiques
1/3/2017
Antique Expert: Doris, Antiques Appraiser replied 10 months ago
Doris
Doris, Antiques Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as a dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-ups. Thoughtful responses take time.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment.

Please send a photo of a plate showing the pattern.

Please send a photo of the marks and/or words/and/or words on the bottom.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Kind regards,
Doris

Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur