Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers. Author of 3 books on collecting.
57035021

I have a set of old books, writings of madison...750 book

Customer Question

I have a set of old books , writings of james madison...750 book sets were printed...can you give me an idea of the value...I have pictures if you need them.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: What should I look at?
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: the condition maybe
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 9 months ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser and I'm happy to help.

WHo is the publisher?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
G.P. Putnam's Sons, The Knickerbocker Press 1900

I'm sorry, I'm unable to find any sales records for this book. I'll opt out and let another appraiser pick it up.

Jennifer

Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 9 months ago.

HI,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help. I'm going to do some research and get back to you shortly.

Hello again.

If you have all nine volumes and they are in very good condition, the current retail (replacement or insurance) value of the set is approximately $500. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount or $200, depending on location and actual condition.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. Please click the five stars above, and then click the green button. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about your item?

Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com; experts are verified users. Experts are only compensated when and if you, the customer, leaves a favorable rating.

Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer at no extra cost to you.