Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a very old spinning wheel that came from Sweden, so I…

Customer Question
I have a very...

I have a very old spinning wheel that came from Sweden, so I am told, 300 years ago. It is held together with leather and stands about 3' high.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Not much else to tell. Supposedly came thru Harpers Ferry, WV in 1728. It is a light colored wood.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Can't think of anything. Do you have any questions about it?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
1/2/2017
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 1 year ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Hi~

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I asked for information on my old spinning wheel awhile back and you asked for a picture. Should I send a picture via the 415 number you texted to me?
Antique Expert: AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 1 year ago
AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

There should be a +ADD FILES feature next to our Send button.

If not, then there is a paperclip above the reply box that you click to attach photos.

If you need help with photos, you can call Customer Service at no charge at 1-***-***-****. The phone call pop-up you may get is for help with the actual appraisal, not for technical stuff like photos. There’s no charge for customer service to help you with photos.

I received your images, thank you.

The spinning wheel would date more to the 19th century as it is made with machine turned wood. The notched designs on the legs and wheel spokes date it to the 19th century as the technology to produce that design did not exist 300 years ago. Technically, Harper's Ferry was not established until 1763.

On today's market, this can sell for up to $800.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

I received your images, thank you.

~Nora

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora