Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

We have som silver tea pots with symbols we cannot find on

Customer Question

Hi, we have som silver tea pots with symbols we cannot find on these sites, and wonder if you can Identify them Is there a way to send a picture?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: We have a coffee pot , sugar bowl,creamer and server tray with the same symbols in them. There's a crown, a mans profile,(looks (like a fisherman) a stair step symbol, with 3 animals in it but the only I can recognise is. A rabbit A K,S,and maybe an O, and the letters EPNS on it.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: No
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 9 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item(s) and any marks on the bottom.

The add files feature works best if you add one pic, add something like PIC 1 in the text box, hit send, then do the next.
Once you do add pictures, give me some time to research.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I respond.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Thank you.

This is a silver plated (not sterling) tea set made by the Knickerbocker Silver Company of Port Jervic, New York

between 1894 to 1962. The letters EPNS indicate Electro Plated Nickel Silver meaning it is base metals of Nickel and Zinc that are plated in a thin wash of silver to make it look like sterling. The value of the pot, creamer and sugar as a set is $65 to $85 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Ioffer.com, Ebay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks! Bonuses are also welcome!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.