How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nora Your Own Question
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Category: Antiques
Satisfied Customers: 12247
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
Type Your Antiques Question Here...
Nora is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a dinning set which includes a buffet. The label has

Customer Question

I have a dinning set which includes a buffet. The label has been lost, but I recall it was made by a Chicago manufacturer that was in business from around 1910 or 1914 to sometime in the 1920s, a short time. I don't know the style but have pictures if I knew how to add them. The table top was trashed so we built a new one. It is a dark walnut and veneer with brass hanging pulls . The chair seats were upholstered. Can you help me identify the company. I know when we originally looked them up they had pictures of the furnitue.
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.


Without a label it would be quite difficult to definitively state which possible manufacturer from Chicago made your dining set. Here is a link that outlines some makers and several from Chicago, perhaps this may help jog your memory if you see a name that you may recognize:


Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can you please identify the style for me. I have already seen that link. Did you receive the picture of the buffet?
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.


Yes, the style is referred to as "Jacobean Revival" sometimes also called "Renaissance Revival" or "Tudor Revival". The design element of the table legs is called 'cup and cover'. Only a photo of the chair and part of the table are showing here on my end; not the buffet.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.


Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.


Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.