Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a royal doulton dinner set but am unsure of its age,

Customer Question

I have a royal doulton dinner set but am unsure of its age
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: on the back it has the crest under it is
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: R.No 717062 "Rosslyn" D5399 with the number 11 near the crown on the crest.I understand that a 10 means about 1937
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 6 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece/set that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the pattern and the mark on the bottom of one piece.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Also let me know how many pieces are in your set.

Once you do, give me some time to research.

No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I respond.

The Rosslyn pattern/also called pattern number D5399 was first introduced in 1933 and was made until 1939.

The English registry number indicates the year the pattern was introduced, 1933. Your set, made between

1933-1939 has a current value of $400USD if it is a service for 8 plus some serving pieces and a value of $600 to $800USD

as a service for 12 plus some serving pieces.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks! Bonuses are also welcome!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.