Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Glenda, this is an beaded purse that we believe to be very

Hi Glenda, this is an beaded purse that we believe to be very old. It has been in our possession for at least 80 years. It is brought back from native american country and hand-made. It is about 5" in height, and about 5" across. What can you tell me about this item and it's worth?

Good Afternoon,

.
This is your answer, please rate this after reading it. This is important to me getting credit for my work.
.

The Purse dates to the 50's it appears to be Navajo, Southwest United States, New Mexico it has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $125.00-145.00 depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.

Happy New Year

Glenda,
.
To complete this transaction, please click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit the submit button, thanks!
.
If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.
.
Let me know if you still need help with this question.
.
I will be happy to help with any further question you might have on this, so I can get rated, then compensated from the site for my time.
.
I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda

Hello

I see you viewed the answer, just wonder if you need further help?

Glenda