Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I've had a painting hanging on my wall for years. I just

Customer Question

Hi Kim, I've had a painting hanging on my wall for years. I just noticed it's an Edward Potthast sea shore scene. Can you help me?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: The painting was given to me by a dying woman, and she purchased the painting at a gallery in O klahoma called Attic Art. The painting is titled Children Wading
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: It's oil on a mosonite board
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't want an answer if you're going to charge me $38.00
Expert:  Rarewares replied 9 months ago.

Edward Potthast (1857 - 1927) of New York and Ohio was known for shore scape genre and landscape paintings.

Your piece, titled Children Wading, has a current value of $40,000 as an original oil on masonite board (based on recent sales

of similar work by this artist of children wading at the shore).

To sell, try ads on these sites; artbrokerage.com, askart.com, artnet.com, artvalue.com, or artprice.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house
near you that deals in fine art and consign to them.
To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!