Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I got some chine from my great grand mother, and it is as

Customer Question

Hello, I got some chine from my great grand mother, and it is mark as royal china with a crown and some leaves and a bow, I am trying to stabling how old it could be, but I cannot find that mark on the internet. If I send you a picture, can you help me?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: No, I cant think of anything
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is it possible to stablish the price? I notice that the pieces I have are a little bit translucent in front of the light.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 8 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** work on this today and get back to you.

This is a set of Royal China made in Japan in the 1950's in an apple blossom or cherry blossom pattern.

The Royal China mark was a generic importers mark for china made in Japan and sent to the US to be sold

in department stores like Sears and others. A service for 12 plus serving pieces in this pattern has a current value of

$400 to $500 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks! Bonuses are also welcome!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your answer, Is there any more specific information? I have this china in Colombia South America. In the 50's it was not very popular to travel to the USA. I don't think my GGmother ever traveled to USA. But I do know, that was popular get merchandise from China arriving to the north coast of the country in ships. Why is it that I have searched for that mark on lots of websites and I can't find any information on that generic china? Thanks. TP

If the set was acquired in Colombia, it is certainly possible that Japan had an export market there as well.

I have access to books and paid websites for antique appraisers that the general public is not able to access.

I do hope that has helped.

Please do let me know.