Robert S.
Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in decorative arts especially ceramics, silver, paintings, and furniture.
63759197

I have a Goebel figurine stamp dated 1956 with the V and bee

Customer Question

I have a Goebel figurine stamp dated 1956 with the V and bee in the center of the V. What is the value please?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It is a boy with a flower sitting on a stool or stone next to a brown fence with a yellow bird on the fence. He is wearing brown pants with a blue checked coat and red scarf tied around his neck. He has blond hair and a brown cap with a feather.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Perfect condition
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 9 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your Goebel figurine.

Could you very kindly attach a photo of it and one of the mark and I'll identify it for you and give you a value.

Also, how big is it? (Approximate height)

Many thanks,

Robert.

PS. Once you have the photos in your computer (if you are using a smart phone camera, just email them to yourself) it's then a simple matter to attach them. Just click on the paperclip icon, located above the text box where you are typing to me. If there's no paperclip, click on the "Add files" tab.

You need to be logged in to the JustAnswer site to do this. You can’t do it from email.

If you get stuck go here for help.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Alternatively, if you can collar a passing teenager with an iPhone they would have photos posted here in about two minutes.

Thanks R.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It is about 4 inches.

Great! Thanks for the photos. Leave this with me and I'll have a value for you as soon as I can.

The first thing to say is that the "1956" on the base is very misleading when it comes to these Goebel or Hummel figurines (as this one is) because it's not the date it was made.

From the blue printed Goebel V bee mark with W.Germany, we know that your example dates to 1972 - 1979 as the following chart shows:

http://i.imgur.com/E2kUQgi.jpg

and is known to Hummel collectors as the TMK5 mark.

This particular Hummel figure is called "She Loves Me She Loves Me Not" and the original was the work of master sculptor Arthur Moeller in 1945. It was first issued in the 1940s and has been in production ever since.

If you were to see your particular TMK5 "She Loves Me She Loves Me Not" figurine for sale in an antique store, say, it would have a full retail price of $160.

This is also the replacement value for insurance purposes.

Expect to get 30% - 40% of this if you were to sell at auction or on line (eBay etc).

I do hope this helps!

Best wishes,
Robert.