Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have an original RC Gorman, looks like oil on canvas,

Customer Question

I have an original RC Gorman, looks like oil on canvas, approx 3' x 4' 1979. How would I go about getting a value and selling? (Not sure if this is an "antiques" question?
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: My grandfather was friends with the artist and I can't find another one like it online to compare. Can I send a photo?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Here's a couple pictures
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for your patience. This is a charcoal and wash on paper. In general, oil on canvas would almost never be framed under glass; and Strathmore is a paper company. The good news is that you do have an original, one-of-a-kind work and not a lithograph edition print. On today's market, this can carry an auction estimate of $3000 - $5000 and it can retail at a gallery for as high as $7000 - $10,000. The reason why you have not found an image match to your original work is because you have been in possession of the only one of this image in existence. Although the internet has a vast amount of information, it is not the repository of all information.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora