Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have the complete series of fairy paintings,

Customer Question

I have the complete series of fairy paintings, professionally framed and numbered 2/10. Having downsized my home since retirement I have more than can be displayed. All have the enhancements, some at my request. Ex: on "Good Morning Miss Ladtbug" Mary added a baby lady bug and inscribed on the back that my S/P would now called Good Morning Mrs Ladybug.
Looking to sell some I can't display due to size of house.
Charlene Lundgren ***@******.***
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 8 months ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Who is the artist?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry for the long response time. The artist is Mary Baxter St Claire. Her studio was (is?) in Maui, Hawaii. These are all studio prints. Mary's business manager has the 1/10 and I have the 2/10.
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 7 months ago.
I'm so sorry, I'm heading to the DC march today and won't be able to answer this until tomorrow. Is that OK?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Of course. Thanks.
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for your patience.

If these are from an edition of 10, they would be prints, not paintings. As you said, however, they have been enhanced to each be somewhat unique. Each of these prints were done in a run of about 100. However, for each, there was also a "studio proof" edition of 10. This is what you would have, an enhanced studio proof of each print.

What is the general sizing on the pieces? And how many do you have?

Jennifer

Jennifer