Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

We have a dining table that self stores its leaves.... you

We have a dining table that self stores its leaves.... you crank it to make larger and then smaller... wondering if there is any information about where it came from... what it was used for.. what it might be worth
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: We have never seen anything like it anywhere and have no clue how old it is

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sent, please let me know that you got them because I'm not sure whether they went or not

I have not yet received any images.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Thank you for the images. You have a circa 1900, oak, self-cranking extending dining table. Without a label or tag who made this cannot be definitively stated. It is likely American, and most probably came from an Arts & Crafts era furniture manufacturer from the Grand Rapids Michigan area. On today's market, this can sell for as high as $2000 - $3500.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Hi~

Thanks for the positive rating! Much Appreciated.

I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.

When you post a new question, please add "For Nora Only” at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you.

Sincerely,

Nora