Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have an engraving by Louis Abdon Boutelie after the

I have an engraving by Louis Abdon Boutelie after the portrait by Leonardo da Vinci of Beatrice d'esme.It is numbered. What is it worth?

Both pictures were image 5952. Please add one of the signatures and numbers and one of the back of the completed framing where there might be labels or writing.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I've added 3 photos of the bottom of the engraving. There is nothing on the back of the engraving.

This is a circa 1870 engraving by Paris-born engraver Louis Abdon Boutelie

of Beatrice D'Este (Duchess of Bari and Milan, Italy in the late 1400's)

done after a painting by Leonardo da Vinci. This engraving has a current value of

$600USD retail.
Try ads on these sites; artbrokerage.com, askart.com, artnet.com, artvalue.com, or artprice.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house
near you that deals in fine art and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can you give me more information on the engraver. Most of what you've given me except for the value, I already knew about the print.

There is not much known about this particular engraver other than that he

was listed as winning several awards at exhibitions in Paris for his work.

Engravers do not normally have extensive biographies written about

them in the same way that artists do.