Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have several antique books left to me by my uncle and

Customer Question
would like to know more JA...
i have several antique books left to me by my uncle and would like to know more
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Well have several edgar rice burroughs. I have the tarzan anthology series some with full color jackets circa from 1912 to 1846 Rudyard kipling many books including the jungle book jules vern time machine.twenty thousand leagues under the sea circa first edition 1932. Bambi copyright 1929,1931Treasure island with illustrations copyright 1911. Through the looking glass and what alice found there copyright 1897. many others also have bram stokers dracula 1887 combined ione book with mary shellys promethius rising 811.if you can help me appreciate it thanks. Also have book called great men of today printed 1882 with james garfield and his signature below his picture
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Have some chinese antiquities ie: a pink top marble table claw foot ver ornate my guess teak hand made give to me great great grandmother when she was 8 yrs old would say it dates around 811 directly from china. Have 3 family portraits of the Starr family painted in 1833 by william sydney mount. Havea revolutionary rifle with ornate copper powder horns in great shape
Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/25/2016
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 12 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

How many books in total do you have (count sets as one, technically).

~Nora

I have 26 of the tarzan anthology series. I have 18 other edgar rice burroughs. count as one set. one bambi 1929.one twenty thousnnd leagues under the sea. One jules vern time machine.14 Rudyard kipling. I have 15 charles dickens. the rest i mentioned ie:bambi,through the looking glass, ttreasure island. Complete works of lord tennyson. A signed complete works of edgar a. Poe with signature underneath his picture, looks like it is in pencil not sure but it is signed. one great men of today with james garfield signature underneath and the vice president of the time chester a arthur, Would like to know more about the revolutionary rifle. And the portraits painted in 1833 by william sydney mount

What is the total number count, please. Count sets as 1 book.

~Nora

i have 44 other books all from 1812 through 1929. Some signed by great american authors some women, I live in new orleans just need to have a starting point so i do not do something stupid. I am well educated just not in this field. My expertise is medical
ok 3 sets counted as one book. the rest ihave 86 total

I generally do not handle that many valuation in one question thread. I can provide an assessment for one or two books or sets here if you like. My first suggestion for your collection of books is to make a list of each book or set with just the title, author, year and publisher name; this information is what any appraiser or auction house will initially request. I would be happy to assess all of them for you through new question postings.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Sincerely,

Nora

Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur