Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
67223111

A Yellowstoone National Park stamp first day of issue, the

Customer Question

A Yellowstoone National Park stamp first day of issue, the 100 anniversary of the park, 1972
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: The stamp is on a envelope and stamped with a postial stamp. Yellowstion National Park. Wy. March1 , 1972
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: It is in ment shape
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 9 months ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising Stamps for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. These are called First Day Covers. These were put out by various companies and promoters. These don't have an affiliation with the Post Office. These promoters would have envelopes printed up before the stamps were released. On the first day of issue these would be canceled by the post office. There used to be a good market at one time but unfortunately, not in today's market. This would sell for $8-10 retail.

Thank you,

Expert:  Wayne replied 9 months ago.

Hi Sandra,
Is there anything else I can tell you about this? It is important that you click on the stars *****. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and efforts without additional cost to you. It has been a pleasure working with you.
Thanks again,