Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Got a small vase. Cant recognise the maker or under it. I

Customer Question

Hi got a small vase. Cant recognise the maker or mark under it.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: I don't think this is valuable but I am having a clean out and wanted to know a little more about it.
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the antiques appraiser, though. Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: On the lip it has 3 red roses on stems. At the bottom of the vase people look like they are praying, with coloured buildings in the back ground and birds flying. It has a lot of unusual writing on it as well, which is black with gold trim through out the whole thing
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the mark on the bottom and of the piece.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have got the photo at the bottom of this page