Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a ssmall 3 x 5 silverplate box w/lid on round ball

Customer Question

I have a ssmall 3 x 5 silverplate box w/lid on round ball feet marked Derbey Silverplate Co marked 8 1/2 also 57026. Any info on this?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It was a gift to my Mother maybe in the 1930s. The lid's decoration is raised and under the box in the middle of the company name is ***** ***** like a crown & anchor. Can't really tell.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the antiques appraiser should know?
Customer: no.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 11 months ago.

Derby Silver Co. of Derby, CT was in operation from 1873-1933. They were one of the original companies to form
International Silver in 1898. This silver plate box is in pattern 57026 made in the late 1920's and has a value of $20 to $30

retail. Here is a photo of what the mark of Derby Silver Co looks like (see attached).
Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.